The Oakville Chess club is member-based and membership is open to the public. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced player, the Oakville Chess Club has a program suited for you.
Our membership is in-person (including our online club membership) and typically runs from September to June. Your annual membership renews each year from the date of your registration (i.e., if you join the club in January, your membership will automatically renew in January the following year). You can cencel your membership at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Every Tuesdays from 6:30 PM from September to June each year.
Where: St. Luke’s Palermo, 3114 Dundas Street West, Oakville ON, L6M 4J3
Each week, we will meet in person at the club to learn, play casual and competitive-rated tournaments. We will also play rapid tournaments online from time to time using our online club platform. We will have different prizes ranging from EMC Credits, gift cards, cash prizes, etc.
Benefits of Membership
- [NEW] FREE entry to one CFC-Rated tournament organized by Elevate My Chess (EMC). EMC runs at least 4 regular rated tournaments per year (Value $99)
- [NEW] 50% discount when you enroll in one of our 8-week long in-person or online group chess lessons. (Value $100)
- Weekly participation in club events including chess lessons, casual and competitive chess.
- Regular CFC-rated club tournaments
- Opportunities to improve your game and progress from one level to another throughout our step graduation process
- Enrolment in our online chess club at no additional cost
- Opportunity to win prizes and periodic chess sponsorships
- Discounts on Chess camps, chess lessons, and other events organized by Oakville Chess Club and Elevate My Chess
- Opportunity to improve your chess and connect with the other members of the club.